Gear 2 Geaux: LSU Overview
The LSU Student Technology Fee funds the purchase of mobile computing devices available for check-out at the Middleton Library Access Services. A student ID is required to check out these items. Any items not returned will be charged to your fee bill.
You can also check-out equipment through Communication Across Curriculum.
You must be an LSU STUDENT to be eligible for Gear2Geaux.
- Apple Macbooks
- Lenovo Laptops
- VGA Connector Cables for Mac
- Power Cords
- Phone Chargers: iPhone 5 and 4, and Android.
Eligibility & Order Procedures
Available To: LSU Students.
Request Service: Check out from the Access Services desk in Middleton Library.
Delivery Timeline: Immediate / As Available.
Fees: No fees to check-out items, however Late Fees and Lost Fees will apply if applicable.
ELECTRONICS CHECK-OUT POLICY & PROCEDURES
Student ID Required:
- A current, validated LSU Student ID is required for check-out. Access is limited to students with check-out privileges; if you are delinquent for any reason you WILL NOT be able to check-out electronic devices. Students who routinely return electronic items late or who have checked out items and never returned them may lose their electronic checkout privileges.
Circulation of Electronics:
- Items can be checked out at the Middleton Library Access Services.
- Laptops may be checked out for 72 hours.
- Power cords checked out for 12 hours for building use only.
- Mini DisplayPorts to VGA Adapter checked out for 12 hours for building use only
- Library electronics should NOT be left unattended at any time.
- You are responsible for the ALL materials checked out on your ID card.
- Immediately report any problems, loss, or damage of items to the Middleton Library Access Services.
- Technically, electronic devices may not be renewed; they must be brought back to the Access Services desk and discharged from the student’s account. If enough items are available, the item may be checked back out to the student.
- In order to renew a laptop, the Access Services must have at least three laptops available for other students to use.
- NO laptop can be renewed if other patrons are waiting.
Fees & Fines:
- Overdue fines are automatically charged to your student record.
- $50.00 maximum overdue fine, then replacement cost will be charged. Upon return, there will be at least a $50.00 non-refundable fee which may increase depending on length of time between billing and return of item.
- $1,680.00 replacement cost for each laptop lost - ($80 non-refundable). Note that a police report will be filed for lost equipment.
- $30.00 processing fee will be added to the replacement cost of the item.
- Damage or loss charges may be applied to your University Fee Bill.
- Items will be declared lost after 24 hours.
- Library circulation privileges are suspended once items are declared lost.
- Students who check out electronics are responsible for the FULL REPLACEMENT COST if the checked-out electronic item or any peripherals are lost or stolen. Students are also responsible for the FULL REPAIR PARTS & Services if the electronic item or any peripherals are damaged.
- Borrowers will be notified about their fines according to standard Library Notification Procedures.
Return of Equipment:
- Electronics are to be returned ON TIME & INTACT (with all associated pieces, cords, bags, etc.) to the Middleton Library Access Services desk.
- All Laptops must be returned 15 minutes before the Access Services closes.
- Repeated or extremely late return of electronic items may result in the loss of electronic check-out privileges.
- All Gear 2 Geaux items will be declared lost when they are 24 hours overdue. If laptops are not returned, a police report will be filed with the LSU Campus Police.
**Important Note: All bags are subject to search upon entering and leaving the library by LSU Security and/or Library or Computing Services personnel.
LSU Support & Policy Statements
Help Desk Contact Information
1/25/2017 5:01:34 PM