This tool allows you to create and add reading lists to Moodle. Reading list content can include full-text articles and eBook available through the Libraries' online collection, plus internet-based resources. In Moodle, students will need to click on titles within the course's reading list in order to view them. Because students are already authenticated when they are in Moodle, the LSU Libraries Reading List provides one-click access to full-text material.
Instructors can search for items in the Libraries' collection, add them to a reading list, add internet resources, and add notes via Moodle. Reading Lists can be shared and copied between Moodle courses, or kept Private.
Creating A Reading List in Moodle
1. Log onto Moodle and Select a Course. Click Edit in Course administration.
2. In modules, Select Add an activity or resource. Choose External Tool:.
3. Enter the name of your Reading List in Activity Name.
4. In External tool type, choose LSU Libraries Reading List.
Searching and Adding Titles to Reading List
1. Search LSU Libraries resources using the basic search modes of keyword, author and title.
2. When you find a title you would like to add to your reading list, click Add to Reading List. Once you have clicked it, the button will change to Remove from Reading List.
3. Once you have added the title or titles that you want, scroll back to the top and click on See Current Reading List.
Adding Notes to a List & Changing List Order
1. From Current Reading List, type notes under the Add/Edit box
2. Click the Update List Notes and Order Button.
3. In the Sort Order box, enter number representing the order from the top.
Making Lists Public
1. Reading Lists are Private by default, however you can change them to Public.
2. Click link that says Click here to make this list public.
3. This ensures other instructors to be able to see & copy the List.
Sharing & Copying Lists
1. You can copy or import existing Lists.
2. At the top of the page, Click Import from Existing List.
3. Select list desired. Click View this list. To copy, check the boxes next to them.
Support For LSU Libraries Reading Lists
Libraries' Research and Instruction Desk at (225)-578-8875
Faculty Technology Center at (225)-578-3375
For more detailed instructions, see the attached pdf.
Referenced from: lib.lsu.edu