Customize the Layout
Content on each Moodle page is organized in rectangular sections, called Blocks. You can change the layout and appearance of your Moodle page by hiding, docking, and rearranging your Blocks.
Contract & Expand a Block
1. You can reduce a block to just its title bar by clicking the Contract Block button, which is the Minus-Sign icon .
This action hides the area of the Block that contains its content.
2. To restore or expand a Block’s content, click the Expand Block button, which is the Plus-Sign icon .
1. You can reduce the size of your Blocks even further by using the Block Docking icon. In each block there is a docking icon in the upper right .
2. Clicking this icon will send the block to the Dock Area on the right, reducing it to a small horizontal tab showing only its name.
3. To Set the Weights for a Block:
a. Click the Edit button in the upper right of the My_Courses page.
b. Click the Configuration icon in a block that you want to move. The weights are valued from -10 to 10. A block with a weight of -10 will hold the highest location on the page and one with a value of 10 will move to the lowest.
c. Set the weight and then click the Save Changes button. The blocks will reorder themselves according to the weights you set.
d. The Region setting determines what side of the screen a block will be placed in. Its options are Left, Right, and Content. Content is the center area of the page.
Change the Position of a Block
1. You can also change the position that a block occupies on the screen by clicking its Move icon .
2. Click the Edit button in the upper right of the screen.
3. Hover your mouse over the Block that you want to move. It will change into a four-pointed arrow. Left-click and drag the block to the desired location.
4. The Block will relocate immediately to that location.
Add A New Block
1. Click Edit to turn editing On.
2. Select the Block that you want to add from the drop-down box.