Moodle 2: Activities & Resources: Add a File (Link to a File)
The following steps will show users how to add a file or create a link to a file in their Moodle course.
1. Login to Moodle and select a course.
2. Turn editing on by clicking the Edit button at the top right corner of the page.
3. Click Add an activity or resource.
- Please Note: There are two different ways to complete the next step depending on which view you are in. If you see two separate drop-down boxes, click Add a resource and select File. For more information about this option, view Activity Chooser Options.
4. Select File and click Add.
5. This is the Add a New Resource screen. Name the file by filling in the Name field. Instructors have the option of writing a brief summary about the file by filling in the Summary field. Users can view this summary by clicking the Resources link under Activities at the course main page screen. Then Click the Add button, under Content.
7. On the left side there are links that represent optional sources for uploading a file to Moodle. If you want to upload a file from your local computer, click the Upload a file link.
8. Click the Browse button and then locate the file you want to upload from your computer.
9. When the correct file is located, click it & then click the Open button. Once uploaded, the file will appear in the content box.
10. Click Save and return to course button at the bottom of the screen to return to the course main page.
11. Your link will now appear in the course main page.
4/3/2017 3:40:20 PM